BioHazard Waste Disposal
What is Considered Biohazard Waste?
- Human blood and blood products in liquid or semi-liquid form and everything saturated with it.
- Human body fluids: Semen, cerebral spinal fluid, amniotic fluid, synovial fluid, pericardial fluid, saliva etc.
- Pathological waste: human tissue, organs, and body parts.
- Microbiological waste: laboratory waste such as discarded specimen cultures, blood and body fluids in lab containers, results of cultures etc.
- Animal Waste: carcasses, body parts and any bedding materials
- Sharps waste: Medical needles, syringes and lancets.